The Weekly Parents' Meeting will be held every Tuesday at 6pm in the bleachers during track practice.
This Week's Info...
June 18, 2019 Topics Discussed
1. No meet this weekend.
Coach Tiff Spain will be running a hurdle camp Fri 6/21 @ 6pm and Sat
6/22 @ 10am, $25 for one session and $50 for two sessions, limited
space, if pre-registered Tiffany has receipts for you, if you want to
pre-register you can do so after practice today.
Qualifier next week, Hillsboro High School. Top 6 will advance (run,
field, relay), top 4 will advance in multi's. If you have a multi
athlete there is an additional $25 due for their entry fee for qualifier
due by Thurs. Must be in uniform for qualifier, if there is a problem
with uniform please see me/Tara today. Schedule is out on Coach O if you
are interested. If an athlete makes it to JO's the entry fee will be
$55. Estimate for bus $200 and hotel $210 for JO's.
4. Will not take any checks after 7/8/19.
Olympic Day Celebration Fri 6/21/19 10 -11:30am @ Wash U Francis Field
Sumers Rec Center. Please let your coach know if your athlete plans to
attend, please also give your athletes t-shirt size to the coach so they
can register them.
6. Fundraising-Team Picnic
8/11/19 @ 2pm Spanish Lake Park under Catfish Pavilion. Pickle money
due 6/27/19 cash only, please make sure the sheet has the athletes full
name and a phone number along with being neat and totaled. Extra
t-shirts for sale for $15 limited sizes and Blues sun visors for $12.
June 11, 2019 1. USATF Meet will be 6/15 and 6/16 at Belleville West HS. Running starts at 9am and Field Events at 8am.2.
AAU Meet-all parents should have informed coaches by now if they do not
want their athlete to run on a relay and/or if you do not plan to
travel to North Carolina. Remember coaches decide who will be on
relays.3. Reminder-we really need parents to
meet deadlines for all fees/costs. When we have to make changes, add
late athletes etc. it cost the club extra in time and money. From here
on out we will be charging a late fee of $10 anytime we have to do a
late addition. Pls. remember sometimes when you are late it will be
beyond our ability to get the athlete entered.4. Fundraiser:T-Shirts will be back on ThursdayTeam
picnic will be Sunday 8/11/19 @ 2pm @Spanish Lake Park Under the
Catfish Shelter. Athletes are free and parents and siblings are $5
(cash) eachPickle order is due on 6/27/19 cash onlyIf
you ordered Pictures, you should get your digital file this Thurs and
Fri. Posters will be distributed next Thurs at practice.
June 04, 2019 1. We just completed our final meet for the regular season and we
are in full mode of preparation for National Qualifiers. Here are
important things to keep in mind:
-parents please try to get your athletes here for all practices.
Thursday practices have been a bit light and we want to make sure
athletes are prepared for the qualifier.
-We practice on Mondays when we do not have a meet on Sunday.
-Relays are the coaches decisions, it is not a parent decision as
to who will run on the relays. If you do not want your athlete to run
on a relay please talk with your coach privately this week to let them
know. Also if you do not plan to go to NC pls.
let your coach know that also so they do not put your athlete on a
relay. Various factors go into choosing a relay not just speed. Coaches
look at speed, reliability, chemistry, accessibility based on other
events, if the athlete is going to Nationals, attitude,
practice etc. So it is important to know that relays are decided on by
-Qualifier-7/8-11/12=3 events, 13/14-up=4 events all events include relays
-Top 6 will advance to JO (running, field, and relays)
-Top 4 in multi's will advance to JO
-Each age is broken down as follows 7/8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15/16, 17/18
-Application and BC/Lic should be turned in at this time. If not it will need to be submitted via email to Stlbluestrack@yahoo.com
-If an athlete makes it to JO it will be in Greensboro, NC this year and there will be an additional entry fee.
2. Parents pls. don't drop your athletes off at meets and expect
them to stay w/ other parents or coaches if you have not made
arrangements with them to watch them in advance. Coaches are
volunteers, not babysitters. They have their family they are
watching as well as coaching other athletes. Pls. do not drop off kids
without food, water etc. even if another parent has agreed to watch
them be mindful of not taking advantage of another parents kindness.
3. All fees should be paid at this time. HS fees must be paid by
6/13/19 for the season. If anyone wants to do the USATF meet fee's are
$27 Prim-Youth(Interm if ran all season) and $47 for HS and must be paid
by 6/6/19. If you want to use your credit
you must come and get a receipt in order to be considered paid for this
meet. A BC/Lic and App should be on file. If not it must be received
by 6/6/19 NO EXCEPTIONS!!! If turning in these items at this time in
the season they must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. USATF meet is @ Belleville West HS on 6/15 and 6/16.
5. Fundraising: Pickle fundraiser starts today and ends on
6/27/19. Team shirts will be back on Tues. Fundraising table will have
a table set up today and Thurs selling new and used spikes.
May 28, 2019
1. At this time all fee's should be paid in full in order for athletes to be entered into meets.
2. HS athletes have until 6/13/19 to pay all fee's.
3. Congrats to all of our HS athletes that made it to STATE over
the last 2 weeks. We had more than 30 Blues athletes make it many were
on the medal stand and several are our state champions. Remember the
work the young athletes are putting in now
will help build the next upcoming state champions and college athletes.
4. Fundraising: Imo's pick up has been changed to Thurs. 5/30/19.
Picture day is Wed. 5/29/19, please wear your uniform even if you don't plan to purchase pictures.
5. Our meet this week is on SATURDAY, June 1st. Running and Field
Events start at 8am at CRCP. Please remember to bring enough fluids and
food to keep the athletes hydrated.
Parents please stay off the track at practice and the meet.
Remember we are training the athletes on what they need to do to be
prepared for our qualifier meet and Junior Olympics.
Please remember high school athletes will be out soon so be mindful
of were you are dropping off athletes. Do not allow kids to run across
parking lot, don't park in fire lanes, pull up to 2nd entrance for
track to drop off athletes.
May 21, 2019
1. Sorry we missed out Parent Meeting this week due to no practice but here are the notes for our weekly meeting.
2. At this time all fee's should be paid in full in order for athletes to compete with the exception of new high school athletes coming out.
3. We will begin to see our high school athletes come out for practice so please be careful dropping off kids, remember to stay out of fire lane, don't drop off at the first entrance and be careful letting kids cross the parking lot.
4. Sending out a big Congrats to our St. Louis Blues High School athletes who qualified for STATE. We had more than 30 of our high school athletes qualify and currently we have more than 10 who have committed to schools and will be on a track scholarship.
We are expecting quite a few more to commit to schools over the next few weeks.
5. Fundraising Info:
Imo's pizza will be here for pick up on Tues. 5/28/19 at 6pm. Please make sure you are here to pick up your items. Reminder they are frozen pizzas.
Team t-shirts will be back on June 6th for those who ordered them.
Next fundraiser will be Flavored Pickles and it will start on June 4th.
Stay tuned for picnic day info and date.
Our meet this week will be at Liberty High School. Field Events start at 9am and Running events start at 9:15am. Pee Wee's start at 8:30 and they are hoping to have them done by 9:15 so please, be on time. Pee Wee's will be ages 3-5. There will be a separate
division for 6yr olds and I believe they will be timing the 6 yr olds at this meet.
May 15, 2019 1. Parents if you had a high school student volunteer please see me today to pick up their community service letter. Once again thank you so much for allowing your kids to assist at our Blues meet.
2. Our meet this week is Sunday, May 19, 2019 at Cardinal Ritter at 8am. Parents please make sure you are feeding athletes breakfast before the meet and bringing sufficient food/snacks to ensure athletes are eating enough to be able to perform to the
best of their ability. Ex: fruit, veggies, bread, mustard, turkey, crackers, fruit snacks, nuts. Pls. avoid: dairy, chips, candy, sugary drinks.
3. If you are on the payment plan your final payment is due today. Your athlete must be current to run Sunday.
4. Imo's fundraiser will be delivered on 5/28/19 at 6pm. You must pick up your items that day.
Last day to order team t-shirts is Thurs. from the Fundraising Table.
Thank you all for coming out to Big Boyz Burgers and More dine out last week. It was nice to see everyone outside of practice and build relationships with each other.
5. Parents if you want your kid to do another event or try a different event please go and talk w/ you coach privately and let them know what you would like. All events for your athlete must go through their coach.
6. Also, please be aware of your behavior as parents and athletes. Unacceptable behavior makes the Club look bad and also makes athletes uncomfortable. Our goal is to promote the love of the sport. Please be mindful of how you talk to your child and
all other children, we are teaching what is acceptable behavior by what we demonstrate. If unacceptable behavior happens it will be reported to USATF and disciplinary action will be handed down for parent and/or athletes.
May 07, 2019
1. Thank you, thank you, thank you to our wonderful and awesome
parent volunteers. We can't thank you enough for all of your efforts,
consistency, and commitment to our athletes, coaches, and The Blues
If you saw things that need improvement for next year please come by and see me so that I can make notes.
2. Our meet this week is at U-City High School on Mother's Day at 8am. Parking is tough so get there early. 3. Parents pls. make sure you are checking GroupMe and paying
attention to where coaches need athletes to come and warm up. Please help
athletes listen for calls and pay attention to their heats when they
are getting checked in. On meet days the coaches
have a lot going on so we need your help to make sure the athletes get
to their destination. 4. Fundraising: Imo's orders due Thurs. 5/9/19, cash only, neat, legible forms.
Thurs. is also our Dine out w/ The Blues. It is at Big Boyz
burgers and more. Flyers at the fundraising table. Please join us for
Team t-shirts can be ordered at fundraising table $15 add $1 for each X, 2XL and up. 5. Pick up old spikes if you gave them to me to sell, today.
April 30, 2019 1. Today is the last day for spike sales. If you have given me
spikes to sell, please stop by and pick up your money if they have sold or
pick up your spikes if they have not sold. All spikes not picked up by
the end of practice on Thurs. will become
property of STL Blues. 2. Fundraiser pick up today for Pickles and $5 snacks. Book bag and Hoodies are back for pick up today also. Imo's pizza fundraiser going on until 5/9/19. Please make sure your
athletes name and a phone # are on the sheet. Please make sure it is
neat, no scratch outs, and totaled. Our 1st dine out with STL Blues will be May 9th at Big Boyz restaurant. Please pick up a flyer from the fundraising table.Team t-shirts go on sale on Thurs. $15 small-XL, add $1 for every X. They can be ordered from the fundraising table. 3. Our meet this week is the STL Blues Meet at Cardinal Ritter
College Prep. Field Events start at 8am and Running at 9am. Remember we
need volunteers. A sign up link will be sent out please. sign up to
volunteer. If you have teens who need volunteer hours
please. have them sign up as well.
We will have a pee wee exhibition 4x1 relay in addition to their
regular 3 events. We will also have a parents/coaches relay. If you
are interested sign up and it is $5 per person or $20 per relay team. 4. Donations needed for the meet:
donuts. 5. If you are on the payment plan your 3rd payment is due today 4/30/19. You can pay in person or on line.
April 23, 2019 1. RC Striders Meet starts at 8:30 with running and field events at University City High School.
2. Payments had to be made by Sunday in order for athletes to run this week.
3. Payment Plan-next payment due on 4/30/19 of $90. If you didn't need a uniform then your balance is due w/ this payment.
4. Coaches have sign up sheets for the Blues Meet. Please consider signing up to volunteer. We need all parents to volunteer in order to make this a success. Feel free to stop up top and see any of Admin and we can also get you signed up for a shift
in an area that works for you. Our meet will be held at Cardinal Ritter High School. We will begin setting up on Fri 5/3/19 so you can also volunteer to help with set up. 5. Please consider making a donations of one or more of the following items and I will let you know next week which day, time, and location you can bring them:
6. Fundraising-$5 snacks/Pickles fundraiser will be here for pickup on Tues. 4/30/19 during practice. Please. make sure you are here to pick up or send a representative to pick up your items.
Imo's Pizza starts today and ends May 9th. Pick up forms from the fundraising table.
Backpacks and Hoodies will be distributed on Tues. 4/20/19.
Spikes will be here for purchase through 4/30/19. Please. check w/ me to see if your items have sold. If they have not sold you must pick them up by 4/30/19 or they will become the property of St. Louis Blues.
April 16, 2019 1. Parents please stay off of the track during practice. Please pick up pee wee athletes from bleachers at 6:30 pm. 2. Please don't drop off little ones, come in and wait for them to complete practice. 3. Please make sure athletes have water daily. Bring bottled water or water bottles if needed. We prefer water over Gatorade. 4. If you are on the payment plan your payment is due today 4/16/19 of $90. If you have not paid by Sunday at 3 pm on line your athlete will not be entered in the next meet. 5. GroupMe's are for Coaches to communicate information. Any specific questions not related to the entire group should be conducted on a one on one basis with the coach. 6. I will have credit information on Thurs. 4/18/19 for most recent fundraiser sales-$5 snacks and pickles. 7. Please remember you have to come and inform me if you want to use your credit at fundraising table so I can write a receipt. 8. Please attend parent meetings on Tues. or ck website for items covered 48 hours after meeting. 9. Please consider volunteering for our Blues meet on Sunday, May 5, 2019. I will assign each group an area to cover and will ask parents from each age group to sign up to cover that area.
April 9, 2019 1. I will be selling spikes up top today and tomorrow. Please. come early and purchase spikes.
2. Fundraisers: Flavored Pickles and $5 snacks due back Thurs. 4/11/19, cash only, neat and legible. Hoodies and book bags and visors can be ordered through 4/11/19.
3. Payment Plan Remaining: 3/31-$120, 4/16 $90, 4/30-$90, and 5/14 $50
4. Pre reg. uniforms are in, please. see Rashandra or Simone for pick up
5. Parents please. stay off of the track for safety and insurances purposes. Pee Wee parents the coaches will bring the kids to you in the bleachers when they are finished. Parents please. remain at practice, we cannot stay after to wait for parents to arrive.
6. Preparing for our upcoming meet, St. Louis Blues Meet, Sunday, May 5th, I will need a ton of volunteers so please. consider volunteering for a 3 hour shift. We cannot do this without you. I will have sign up sheets next week.
7. What to expect at track meet: Sunday, Belleville West High School (gave out sheet of what to expect for first meet).
8. Thanks to the parents for picking up popcorn in a timely manner and picking up uniforms. Thanks so much for helping keep our fire lanes clear.
April 02, 2019 1. Please, don't forget to check w/ coaches at the end of the week to see what type of shoes they need.
2. I will do a spike sale: 4/4/19, 4/8/19, 4/9/19, 4/10/19. Please,
come by and see if you would like to purchase any new or used spikes
for your athlete. 3. Reminder our 1st meet will be Sun. 4/14/19-Dashers Meet at Belleville West. 4. Fundraiser: Flavored Pickles and $5 snacks current fundraisers
due back 4/11/19 cash only, popcorn fundraiser will be ready for pick
up on Monday 4/8/19. Please, be here no later than 6:30 for pickup. If
you are unable to be here please. send a representative
to get it for you. If it is not picked up it will be returned to the
You can still purchase a hoodie and/or book bag at the fundraising table until Thurs. 4/4/19.
Sun visors are also now available for purchase at the fundraising table. They are $12.
If not on a group text please see Jen today to get added.Reminder Admin and Fundraising table are here Tues and Thur from 5:30-7 to answer questions, show samples, take orders, etc. 5. If we have any parents interested in doing a Cardinal's Fundraiser please see fundraising table to share your interest. 6. At this time the 1st $120 of your fee's should be paid by now.
If not please come and take care of that immediately. This must be paid
on line no later than Sunday 4/7/19 in order for your athlete to be
entered for the first meet. 7. If you have credit from last year, indoor season, or fundraiser
and you want this to apply to the your athlete's fees please come and see
Admin to get a written receipt stating what it should apply to. 8. If you paid on line for the anniversary jersey or a uniform but
did not complete the form for your athlete's sizes please see Catura and
Rashaunda today to complete the orders. 9. Please don't stop and drop off kids when you turn in the parking
lot. Instead please pull down and let the kids off at the other entrance
in order to prevent and accident, kids getting hurt, and backed up
traffic. Thanks so much for doing such a nice
job w/ keeping the fire lanes open during practice.
March 27, 2019 1. Reminder tomorrow is the last day to get fitted to order
uniforms, if you want to pay in person must be done by 3/28/19, on line
by 3/31/19. Make sure to get your athlete measured if you are planning
to pay on line on the weekend. 2. If ordering 50th anniversary jersey it must be paid for in
person by 3/28/19 or on line by 3/31/19. It is $40 for this jersey. 3. If you choose to use the payment plan here is the schedule: 3/31/19 $120, 4/6/19 $90, 4/30/19 $90, and 5/14/19 $50. 4. Fundraising table will be here on Tues. and Thurs. 5:30-7pm.
Current fundraisers are $5 snacks and flavored pickles. Money and
orders due back on 4/11/19-cash only. 5. Hoodie and Backpack orders due 3/28/19. Hoodies are $30 and Backpacks are $18. 6. Coach Ciara would like to meet after practice on Thurs. 3/28/19 w/ all 7/8 yr. old parents. 7. Please, make sure you are on the group text for your child's age group. 8. Make sure you have completed an application and submitted it
and a birth certificate if you are a new athlete or you did not run w/
us last year. You can submit it in person or email a pic of it to email@example.com. 9. Dress athletes in layers for daily practice. I don't suggest athletes wear shorts to practice until May or later. 10. Parent Meetings each Tues. at 6pm in the bleachers. 11. Starting in April Admin staff and Fundraising staff will be at practice on Tues. and Thurs. 5:30-7pm. 12. Please, check w/ your coaches at the end of next week to see if
your athlete is a sprinter or distance runner prior to purchasing
spikes. 13. We will have a used (and some new) spike sale the week of April 8th. 14. If we have any parents interested in doing a cardinal fundraiser please, let the fundraising table know you are interested. 15. Recognition of athlete Kyndell Spain for sharing her artistic talents and creating the back of our 50th anniversary jersey.
March 19, 2019
1. Thank you for coming out to the St. Louis Blues and entrusting us with your children. We are planning to have a wonderful season. 2. I will do a parent meeting every Tues. at 6pm in the bleachers. If you can't make the meeting the notes from the meeting will be posted on the website within 48 hours. 3. Pee Wee Practice: M-Th 5:30pm-6:30pm and Primary and Up Practice: M-Th 5:30pm-7pm 4. Please make sure you introduce yourself to your athlete's coach and get on the group text. You can also have Jen Lemen add you to the group.
5. Parking in Fire Lanes
in NOT permitted, Under No Circumstance. If found violating this rule, automobile will be towed at the owner's expense. No exceptions. 6. Please be sure to dress kids in layers w/ a bag w/ hat, gloves, kleenex, water, and asthma pump (if needed). 7. Please make sure you have completed and submitted an application (new athletes only) and B.C. via in person at practice or by email. 8. We prefer to remain friendly w/ the environment and if at all possible prefer you to submit forms via email and make payments via website. If this is not possible Admin will be available at practice daily through the end of March and starting in April we
will be available on Tues and Thurs. 9. Please remember although all coaches are volunteering we still have to treat this as a business in order for things to run smoothly. So please make sure you meet deadlines for: payments, submitting paperwork, and returning fundraisers. 10. Thanks to all who pre-registered and we expect uniforms to be in for your 1st meet. Please consider doing this next year to order uniforms early as well as save money on the registration fee. 11. The next uniform order will be submitted the morning of April 1st. In order to make sure you get a uniforms this season you must have pd for the uniforms no later than 3/28/19 in person or 3/31/19 on line. Uniforms take 6-8 weeks to arrive. Please feel free
to sell back uniforms that are your athlete has outgrown to our uniforms staff Simone and Rashaunda. Also make sure you check to see if they have a used uniforms for purchase if interested. 12. I will discuss payment plan at next weeks parent meeting. The following needs to be paid by 3/28/19 $40 reg fee an $120 for uniforms if one is needed. 13. Fundraising table will be here daily until the end of the month. Starting in April they will be here Tues and Thurs. 5:30-6:30. The next fundraiser starts Monday and it will be Pickles and the $5 snacks. 14. We also have the 50 year anniversary jersey for purchase in celebration of 50 years of service. If interested the jersey is $40 and must be ordered by 3/31/19.
Parents, please make sure you join the Group Me for your age division. So you are aware of last minute updates and changes. Please reach out to your athlete's coach!