- ¾ oz Chivas Regal Scotch whisky or any blended scotch whisky
- ¾ oz Cherry Heering
- ¾ oz Italian sweet vermouth
- ¾ oz fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
The recipe first appeared in 1930 in "The Savoy Cocktail Book" by Harry Craddock.
It gets its name from a 1922 bullfighter movie and points to its ingredients:
Heering is the "blood, and the orange juice is the "sand."
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.